kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kamen Tarlov <kamen.tar...@itgix.com>
Subject Re: Consistency of Replicated Kafka Cluster and ways to test
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2019 16:00:45 GMT
Hello,

We are planing to use Mirror Maker 1 to replicate kafka cluster. We are
trying to find a way how to verify the consistency of remote /
destination cluster.

Is there any way that we can compare the topics in certain period and
consistency of the cluster. Can you propose certain way/ test for lost
messages?

kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --group KafkaMirror
--zkconnect source-cluster-zookeeper:2181 --topic test-topic

I can understand that that is the only way we can check the mirroring?

Best Regards,