kafka-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cantero <scante...@gmail.com>
Subject MM2 offset translations not working
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2020 20:50:58 GMT
Hi all,

It looks like the offsets returned by the
RemoteClusterUtils.translateOffsets are always the same as the
source/primary cluster, i.e, there's no actual translation.

The upstream offsets are fine but the downstream are not (it is just the
same as the upstream one). After a quick look, it seems the bug might be on
the writer of the source-cluster-alias.checkpoints.internal topic rather
than on this lib that decodes it.

I have double checked the log-end-offset of the topic on the target cluster
via
./kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell --broker-list
KAFKA-CONN-STR --time -1 --topic TOPIC

This gives me confirmation that there's no actual translation.

To double check it is not just my app, I enabled sync.group.offsets.enabled
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-545%3A+support+automated+consumer+offset+sync+across+clusters+in+MM+2.0>
and
I can find the same problem. So I think there's a bug unless I'm doing
something wrong.

I'm using the latest changes from trunk. Anyone hitting the same issue?

Best,