kafka-users mailing list archives

From Peng Lei <peng.8...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka support Arm CI
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:40:52 GMT
Hi Kafka:
  Kafka is a good choice for arm support, which can bring great benefits to
arm users. We've donated an arm machine to Infra, which can be used
exclusively to run the arm ci of Kafka [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21203].
  @Kafka devs, what do you think about kafka's support for arm ci ?   I can
give arm ci of Kafka my full support. Now I'm trying to submit a PR to
support this work.[https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9872]

Thanks
By Lei Peng

Peng Lei <peng.8lei@gmail.com> 于2020年12月15日周二 上午10:40写道:

> Hi Kafka:
>
>   Recently we met a problem that we have to test and run Kafka on ARM arch. While searching
the Kafka community, I didn’t find an official ARM release version.

>   Since Kafka is made by Java and Scala language which can be run cross-platform usually,
I think Kafka can be built and run on ARM directly as well. Then with my local test, Kafka
was built and deployed successfully as expected and passed all the test cases.