karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Karaf user survey as part of 3.x roadmap planning
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:02:44 GMT
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 07:48:42AM -0800, karafman wrote:

> We should also ask:
>
> What would the impact of making Karaf a JDK 1.6 compiled application be to
> your project:
> 1) major
> 2) minor
> 3) none

+1; IMHO we should also include a question:

If you've chosen JDK 1.5, how long would you like karaf to support jdk 1.5 (at
least on a 2.x base)

2 months
half a year
a year
2 years
forever ;)

BTW, the survey uses "sun java..."; is it even legal to do this any longer since
its ORACLE java? ;)

Otherwise +1

kind regards,
andreas