karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Info about kar archive of Apache Karaf
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:30:53 GMT
Hi Karafman,

Most of this stuff is implemented and more or less working on my github fork which I think
can be accessed through https://github.com/djencks/karaf/tree/feature for browsing or checking
out

  git clone https://github.com/djencks/karaf.git
  cd karaf
  git checkout feature

There's a "starter" kar under features/assembly/framework  and a sample assembly under assemblies/apache-karaf.
 My test project that actually installs a useful kar is at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/djencks/txmanager
which shows building a kar and a server assembly.

I think it would be great to get more points of view on how this should work.  I know I'm
strongly biased by my experience with geronimo and idee fixe that all deployment should be
done by assembling a new server :-)

Also check out the Possible feature features thread :-)

thanks
david jencks