karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Rename karaf features plugin with a more generic name
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:05:58 GMT
Hi again :)

Sorry to disturb you again :).

In Karaf tooling, we have the features maven plugin to generate the
features descriptor and copy the resources from the repo.

We begin to see some requirement to new maven goals such as:
- karaf:run to run a Karaf instance from maven
- karaf:dist to create a Karaf distribution
- karaf:branding to create a Karaf branding bundle
- karaf:shell to connect to a Karaf instance remotely and bind the shell
- etc, etc

As you can see, I voluntarily define several goals of the same maven plugin.

I propose to refactore the existing features maven plugin by renaming it
with a more generic naming.
For instance: karaf.

It means that we will have the following goals:
karaf:features
karaf:features-to-repo
karaf:run
karaf:dist