karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion : Generate assembly of Apache Karaf for Google Android
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:13:30 GMT
Hi Charles,

Agree for that.
However I think in a short term enhancement. I think that we need to
design something more generic and flexible.
I already quickly discussed of that with Guillaume.

I propose to think about Karaf profiles. A profile is based on instance
but enhanced and improved.

For instance, we can see the following profiles:
1/ micro kernel: corresponding to the minimal dist
2/ default: corresponding to the "normal" current dist
3/ mobile: for android
4/ enterprise: providing enterprise application server based on
enterprise features/arirs
5/ esb: corresponding to ServiceMix/swordfish

I have to think deeper around to design it. Maybe we can start a wiki
page to brainstorm about it.

Regards
JB

--