karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Trenaman <TRENA...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:17:03 GMT
Hi JB,

I think you're right! My feeling is though that 'ServiceMix in Action' naturally will be renamed
'ServiceMix and Karaf in Action' by the time it is published, as the Karaf core is so fundamental
to modern ServiceMix.

Cheers,
Ade

----- Original Message -----
From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 02:12 AM
To: dev@karaf.apache.org <dev@karaf.apache.org>; dev <dev@servicemix.apache.org>
Subject: Karaf & ServiceMix In Action

Hi all,

several weeks ago, Charles launched the idea of a ServiceMix In Action
book, as Claus and the others wrote Camel In Action.

I think that we're all agree that before starting this such book, we need:
- to release ServiceMix 4.3.0 and ServiceMix 3.3.3, with all required
dependencies (components, etc)
- to work on the documentation and website

Anyway, ServiceMix In Action is really a good idea and will improve the
visibility of the project.
However, I think that ServiceMix is too restrictive.

I propose to think about "Karaf & ServiceMix In Action".

The book could be split into two big sections:
- Karaf from user and dev point of view
- ServiceMix 4 and the usage of Karaf, with a special focus on NMR

What do you think ?

We can add this on our huge TODO list :)

Regards
JB