karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion : Generate assembly of Apache Karaf for Google Android
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:44:48 GMT
+1 Karaf on Android sounds cool :)

One question regarding testing, does this mean we need a special
hudson instance or the like that is setup with all the Android
emulation kit?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
> +1 for the idea of profiles :)
>
>> I agree on wiki page and will report on that page what I already
>> collect for Android.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>> Hi Charles,
>>>
>>> Agree for that.
>>> However I think in a short term enhancement. I think that we need to design
>>> something more generic and flexible.
>>> I already quickly discussed of that with Guillaume.
>>>
>>> I propose to think about Karaf profiles. A profile is based on instance but
>>> enhanced and improved.
>>>
>>> For instance, we can see the following profiles:
>>> 1/ micro kernel: corresponding to the minimal dist
>>> 2/ default: corresponding to the "normal" current dist
>>> 3/ mobile: for android
>>> 4/ enterprise: providing enterprise application server based on enterprise
>>> features/arirs