karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintenance "Policy"
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 12:51:18 GMT
Hi Andreas,

It doesn't appear that we have a written policy for Karaf maintenance.
In general we reserve trunk for new development, and the patch
branches for bug fixes (and the rare improvement that does not break
backwards compatibility).

Right now the current active support is on the 2.1.x branch and main
trunk. After the 2.2.0 release occurs then we will have the 2.1.x,
2.2.x, and the new trunk as active lines. I do not believe we have a
planned discontinue of support for the earlier releases, if such was
to be considered I'm sure that we would have an open discussion and
vote on the matter. Personally, as long as bug fixes are being
submitted to past branches I'm more than happy to spin up a release
candidate for consideration & vote.

If anyone else knows better on the subject please help clarify the matter :)

Cheers,
Jamie