karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maven URL for Karaf features descriptor
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 07:16:23 GMT
I seem to recall that for real artifacts maven supports some kind of "your artifact is now
located here...." file for obsolete locations.  Is there any chance the mvn url handler supports
something like that and we can just point from the old location to the new one?

thanks
david jencks

On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:05 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Karaf "previous" versions, such as Karaf 2.1.3 or 2.1.4, the features descriptor was
in mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/2.1.4/xml/features

> Now, starting with 2.2.0 version, with the assemblies refactoring, the features are in
mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.2.0/xml/features.

> I think it could be confusing for the users.
>
> What do you think to use mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/2.2.1/xml/standard-features,
mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/2.2.1/xml/enterprise-features ?

> I don't want to change the maven modules structure (having assemblies/features is clearer
for the developers), but I take my user cap and I think it could make sense to be as closest
as possible of the previous features descriptor locations.