karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: features plugin features
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:06:39 GMT
A couple more things...

startlevel parameter for feature and kar packaging: all the bundles added get this startlevel.
 If they are already in the feature.xml then they are unchanged.

unpackToLocalRepo for the karaf-assembly packaging.
  * If false (default) then the internal repo of the kar is copied to system and the bundles
listed in the features are added to startup.properties.
  * If true then the internal repo is copied to local-repo and the features are registered
with the features service.

At the moment startup.properties is written using properties.write so the order is randomized.
 I guess I should treat this more like a text file or find some way to  order it by startlevel.

I wonder if it would work out to have the kar scope determine the unpackToLocalRepo setting
per-kar.
I'm not sure yet what happens with features, but a similar choice seems possible.

This is now tested a little bit on my geronimo txmanager sandbox and it does build a working
server.

thanks
david jencks

On Mar 10, 2011, at 3:51 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I added a couple things to the feature plugin.
>
> aggregateFeatures
>     * If false, feature dependencies are added to the assembled feature as dependencies.
>     * If true, feature dependencies xml descriptors are read and their contents added
to the features descriptor under assembly.

> checkDependencyChange
>     * Whether to look for changed dependencies at all
>
> warnOnDependencyChange
>     * Whether to fail on changed dependencies
>
> logDependencyChanges
>     * Whether to show changed dependencies in log
>
> overwriteChangedDependencies
>     * Whether to overwrite dependencies.xml if it has changed
>

> I guess I'll add a startlevel parameter also that if non-null will set the startlevel
for all the bundles in the constructed feature.

> I haven't really tried these yet...
>
> I can't run mvn site or mvn site:site, it keeps failing because it can't find the root
apache pom in the filesystem (???)  Can anyone else build the site?  I'd like to look at the
plugin documentation and perhaps try to improve it.