karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:31:16 GMT
On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone keeps
> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is that unless we
> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of essential
> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release it.
> 
> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right now?

Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would be the main thing 
I'd like to see included at this point.

Dan



> 
> anyway +1 from me.
> 
> thanks
> david jencks
> 
> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are already at the
> > point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features necessary
> > for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as soon as we are
> > feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing things.
> > 
> > Christian
> > 
> > Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
> >> Hey guys,
> >> 
> >> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for some
> >> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the master
> >> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance to
> >> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release I
> >> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for example)
> >> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already have and
> >> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut off a new branch
> >> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features. The version on
> >> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should be
> >> the place then for all new features. This step should free us from
> >> new regressions and give us the time to finalize 3.0.0.
> >> 
> >> WDYT?
> >> 
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Andreas
-- 
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com

Mime
View raw message