karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Database commands for Karaf
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:13:16 GMT
Hi all,

as part of my Karaf Tutorial about database access I have writte some
handy Karaf shell commands for databases.
They are described with screen dumps in my Tutorial
http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/LYBk .

Especially for embedded databases like derby and h2 I missed a simple
access to the database for a long time. So I think these commands could
be interesting for many developers.

So I would like to add them to Karaf and also add a feature for them. Of
course DB commands are not the core domain of Karaf so this is surely
nothing for the Karaf minimal distro but I propose to add them to the
standard distro.

The reasons are simple:
- I think many people could have use for the commands
- They add no dependencies
- The code is really small (just 16kb)

Christian

--