karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:26:51 GMT
+1 to include pax-web 2.0.

Regards
JB

On 01/16/2012 10:17 AM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just one thing to add from my side :)
> I really would like to see the pax web 2.0 line coming with Karaf 3.0
> I'm 2 issues away from releasing. Besides that I'm +1 on a "feature-freeze"
> as long as it contains a 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT dependency ;)
>
> regards, Achim
>
> 2012/1/15 Christian Schneider<chris@die-schneider.net>
>
>>  From my point of view everything I need is in trunk already. Whenever we
>> discussed what should be in 3.0 there were always some features people
>> wanted to have.
>> If we can agree that we are feature complete already I am also +1
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> Am 14.01.2012 18:19, schrieb David Jencks:
>>
>>   We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone keeps
>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is that unless we
>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of essential
>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release it.
>>>
>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right now?
>>>
>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>
>>>   Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are already at the
>>>> point where we should do the branch.
>>>> Do we have all features necessary for 3.0 finished? I think we should do
>>>> the branch as soon as we are feature complete. So the
>>>> branch really can focus on stabilizing things.
>>>>
>>>> Christian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>
>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>
>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for some
>>>>> time.
>>>>> But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the master we'll
>>>>> always
>>>>> destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance to finally stabilize
>>>>> the
>>>>> entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release I would like to propose a
>>>>> feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for example) today in a week. Pack
>>>>> everything into trunk you already have and really want to be part of
>>>>> Karaf
>>>>> 3. Then we'll cut off a new branch (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow
>>>>> any
>>>>> new features. The version on the master/trunk will be increased to
>>>>> 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should be the place then for all new features. This
>>>>> step should free us from new regressions and give us the time to
>>>>> finalize
>>>>> 3.0.0.
>>>>>
>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>
>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> Christian Schneider
>>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>>
>>>> Open Source Architect
>>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Christian Schneider
>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>
>> Open Source Architect
>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>
>>
>
>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Mime
View raw message