karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 06:59:41 GMT
Hi Dan,

Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.

So it will includes in the branch.

I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.

Regards
JB

On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone keeps
>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is that unless we
>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of essential
>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release it.
>>
>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right now?
>
> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would be the main thing
> I'd like to see included at this point.
>
> Dan
>
>
>
>>
>> anyway +1 from me.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are already at the
>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features necessary
>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as soon as we are
>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing things.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>
>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for some
>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the master
>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance to
>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release I
>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for example)
>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already have and
>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut off a new branch
>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features. The version on
>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should be
>>>> the place then for all new features. This step should free us from
>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize 3.0.0.
>>>>
>>>> WDYT?
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards,
>>>> Andreas

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Mime
View raw message