karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:23:57 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

For the spec, I think that we have to release a new version of the 
bundles in any case.

I can take it.

Regards
JB

On 01/17/2012 09:04 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> The changes I've made so far are in a github branch, I can at least
> backport the inclusion of the activator and custom specs (jaxp, stax,
> jaxb, jaxws) to trunk.  For the versions of the exported package, I'm
> still not sure what's the best way, we can either export versions on
> the packages or release new versions of the bundles (we'll need a
> release of the specs anyway).
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>  wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.
>>
>> So it will includes in the branch.
>>
>> I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>
>> On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>
>>> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>>>>
>>>> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone keeps
>>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is that unless
>>>> we
>>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of essential
>>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release it.
>>>>
>>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right now?
>>>
>>>
>>> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would be the main
>>> thing
>>> I'd like to see included at this point.
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>> david jencks
>>>>
>>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are already at
the
>>>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features necessary
>>>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as soon as we are
>>>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing things.
>>>>>
>>>>> Christian
>>>>>
>>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for some
>>>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the master
>>>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance to
>>>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release
I
>>>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for example)
>>>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already have and
>>>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut off a new branch
>>>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features. The version
on
>>>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should
be
>>>>>> the place then for all new features. This step should free us from
>>>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize 3.0.0.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>> Andreas
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> jbonofre@apache.org
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>
>
>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Mime
View raw message