karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: SCR Tools for Karaf
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:55:13 GMT
Hey Scott,
Many thanks for providing the patch. Lack of the scr commands was our issue from ages, thanks
to you we finally have some support in many areas. I am with David about dropping the dependencies
to the EventAdmin and MetaType services. Indeed, they're usefullt and let have more features
in webconsole but they're not mandatory for running SCR. We can make a note in manual about
SCR support to install this and that to see more.

Only two things which makes me afraid is the WebConsole plugin. I not going to create a noise,
but wouldn't it be better to donate a webconsole plugin directly to Felix? Felix team takes
care about the core of webconsole and its development. We just do the plugins for things specific
to Karaf like administration of instances or feature repositories.

I've put some basic support for SCR last week to WebConsole subproject but it doesn't affect
the core of the Karaf.

Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
http://code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez David Jencks w dniu 2012-01-09, o godz. 05:40:

> On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:51 PM, sully6768 wrote:
>
>> For the moment the SCR feature has to be loaded first or as part of the web
>> console.  Maybe that would be the best option and load it as part of the web
>> console feature.  Thoughts?
>
> I don't see the problem in having them separate.  People may want the web console without
scr, and we shouldn't force them to install scr.  I think it would be better to put the scr
webconsole bit into a scr module, but I don't know where the code is.  In felix trunk there
appears to be a webconsole plugin for ds support, but it doesn't look like its been released
(version is 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT).