karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Database commands for Karaf
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:21:30 GMT
Hey all,
I would opt for some from Apache repositories too, since we all have access to them. I preffer
a ServiceMix as destination project because from following reasons:

1) We have more Karaf commiters in ServiceMix than in any other project listed before
2) Our communities in past was strictly connected and we still cooperate very well
3) It looks like an application server domain but it don't have to be - exposed connection
factory can point to external IBM MQ or Oracle broker
4) ServiceMix can still be used with Geronimo, and these commands, if we'll keep dependencies
clear, can be part of Geronimo distribution to

Only one problem we have is a big question mark regarding SMX5 project scope discussed few
months before. If it still be a OSGi ready or not. But so far development on 5th release is
almost nothing and we can focus on SMX4 and OSGi doing some improvements for community eg
in ServiceMix 4.4. That can proof that OSGi is the best choice for runtime. :)

Gute nacht
Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
http://code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez Ioannis Canellos w dniu 2012-01-16, o godz. 19:47: