karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Minimal distribution
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:13:22 GMT
Hi all,

After the talk about the size of distributions I started giving a look at
the minimal distribution.

An obvious change is to remove management and standard from the boot
features in order to decrease the size of the distribution to 33 bundles.
However, this is still a very large number of bundles imho.

Some things that I think that could be removed from the framework features,
which is the base are:

Apache Aries Quiesce Manager (0.3.1)
Apache Aries Blueprint JEXL evaluator (0.1.0)
Apache Aries Quiesce API (0.3.0)
Apache Aries Blueprint CM (0.3.3.SNAPSHOT)
Apache Aries Blueprint Annotation Impl (0.3.2)
Apache Aries Blueprint Core Compatiblity Fragment Bundle (0.4.1.SNAPSHOT)
Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: asm (3.3.0.2)
Apache Aries Blueprint Annotation API (0.3.2)
Apache Aries Proxy Service (0.4.1.SNAPSHOT)
Commons JEXL (2.0)
Region Digraph (1.0.0.v20110524)
Apache XBean OSGI Bundle Utilitiess (3.7)
Apache XBean :: Classpath Resource Finder (3.7)
Apache Karaf :: Region :: Persistence (3.0.0.SNAPSHOT)

Most of these bundles I think that are related to regions. Can they be
removed from the framework feature and add it as a separate one?
I don't know if this is possible and that's the purpose of my email. Can
you please confirm if its ok to do so?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*