karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove features lifecycle in K4
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 16:01:34 GMT
Yeah, I was thinking about it.
Though the obvious other solution is to fix it.

I have actually started an email this morning to discuss but I haven't
finished it.

Overall, I think it may not be very difficult to fix, as the bundle state
changes are already handled correctly afaik.  The real problem is to agree
on the semantics on the effects, so that we can compute the desired state
of each bundle correctly.

Problems arise when a bundle is used by several features, one of which
being started and the other resolved.

Anyway, it's really up to you, I don't mind fixing the code as long as we
agree on the behaviour.