logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Widmer <Peter.Wid...@adnovum.ch>
Subject Re: log4j jmx extension: we would like to participate
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:25:53 GMT
Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> I would suggest that to work against the latest code from CVS not
> 1.2.8.

Of course, we will work against the cvs-head. The reason why we used
1.2.8 is, we originally did not intended to adapt log4j. We just wanted
to check the jmx extension of 1.2.8, which is the same as in the cvs-head.

Your best chances to have the code integrated to a release is
> to supply small, humanely manageable patches. Large patches require a
> leap of faith which we are not always inclined to take.
>
> If you change the indentation of the code, then you should first
> supply a patch with indentation changes alone (no changes to the
> logic).  When you later enhance the code and supply a patch against
> the indented code, the changes in logic come out clearly. It is much
> more difficult to spot the changes in the logic when they are
> intermixed with indentation.

We will follow your advice, thank you.
'Peter