logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Moving UGLI outside Apache?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:19:26 GMT
I haven't gotten deep into UGLI, however as far as I know there was not
an UGLI adapter for log4j 1.2, but required log4j 1.3.  Since I expect
that it will take some time for log4j 1.3 to displace 1.2, any UGLI or
JCL like project in the interim should be able to support the deployed
versions of log4j 1.2.

Having the log4j adapter in the UGLI-like project would be cleaner from
a licensing perspective.  I assume that there could be some performance
benefit for log4j to directly implement the UGLI-like project, but if
you were really concerned with performance you could continue to use
log4j natively.