logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release of log4j version 1.2.10
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:21:01 GMT
I'm very much concerned.  Much of the code in log4j 1.2.10 was only in
the CVS a few hours and last night's Gump build failed.  It seems
amazing for a maintenance release to be rushed so quickly.

The following things trouble me:

1. Release of 1.2.10 with no vote
2. Preparation of 1.2.10 candidate with no apparent discussion (the
first mention of 1.2.10 is dated yesterday)
3. Incorporating code that is copyright slf4j.org and under non-Apache
license
4. No apparent discussion on incorporating sl4j.org code into the 1.2
branch

All the items (with possible exception of #2) should have been
discussed and voted on.

Since anyone using 1.2.x will think that 1.2.10 is production-ready and
has the full backing of the Logging PMC, I really think it has to be
pulled.