logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: to-do list
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:43:11 GMT

At 08:33 PM 4/15/2005, you wrote:
>I've been distracted from log4j for a while by log4cxx and more recently
>tax preparation.  I hope to be able to spend devote some time to log4j in
>the near future.  In my working copy I have a couple of new tests that I
>expect to commit before I start anything new:
>
>EncodingTest was written primarily to support the implementation of
>WriterAppender.encoding in log4cxx.  The code under test in log4j is
>fairly trivial, essentially the getters and setters, since encoding itself
>is handled by java.io.Writer.  However, the code under test in log4cxx is
>fairly substantial and I really like having similar tests in log4j and log4cxx.

Why? log4cxx and log4j are distinct code bases. As far as I know, you are
the only person who looks at both. If the implementation of a particular
feature is done differently in log4j and log4cxx, then why should the test
cases need to be similar?

>LoggingEventTest primarily checks the serialization of LoggingEvent's
>against reference copies.  I expect these tests to evolve as I get into
>the whole sequenceCount issue.  However, at the present they do serve as a
>check against unintended changes in the serialized form.
>
>I'd like to get these in before the switch to Subversion, so please let me
>know when that is imminent.

The migration to subversion should take place in the very near future. So
it should be considered imminent.

--
Ceki Gülcü