logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: to-do list
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:37:22 GMT

I think we had this discussion before. In past cases, you implemented
a particular feature in some way in log4cxx and later tried to impose
the exact same feature in the exact same way in log4j. The goal of the
Apache Logging Services project is to achieve interoperability between
various log4* implementations. Having identical implementations was
never a goal. If you chose to mimic log4j in log4cxx, that is your
choice and by your decision. No one is imposing it on you. Please
grant the same liberty to the log4j project.

As for the lack of previous complaints. Here, I am complaining.

--
Ceki Gülcü