logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release log4j 1.3alpha8
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:54:28 GMT
> In this case, I would suggest:
>
> 1. Copy the contents of log4j/trunk to log4j/tags/v1.3alpha8
> 2. Update the contents of log4j/trunk/src/xdocs/download.xml and  other
> files to reflect pending release of log4j 1.3alpha8
> 3. Announce the results of the vote
> 4. Prepare signatures for the tarball and zip currently on  cvs.apache.org
> 5. Copy existing tarball and zip to dist server.
> 6. Update http://logging.apache.org/log4j

I fixed the v1.3alpha8 tag in the log4j repo.  See the related commits.

I have not performed any of the other steps since the PMC vote has not
approved the release yet.

I won't be able to revisit this until Saturday, but I assume Curt can do the
release steps before then, if desired.  Otherwise it will be Saturday,
assuming it is approved.

-Mark