logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Dovale <edov...@carosys.com>
Subject BoundedDailyRollingFileAppender
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:50:53 GMT
Hi there guys,
I was needing an appender to roll files daily and to maintain a maximun
amount of log files like the RolliFileAppender does. There was the
DailyRollingFileAppender that was able to roll files daily but do not
have any functionality for the maximun number of files to keep. So I
wrote this BoundedDailyRollingFileAppender that takes a number of files
and delets the oldest log file when it is rolled if the max number of
files is reached.
I just extended FileAppender and copied the whole content of the
DailyRollingFileAppender and added a method to delete the file. I am
willing to donate this class to log4j. I am using log4j-1.2.x
If you are ineterested please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks for a great product.

Erick.