logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Girotti" <icecu...@hotpop.com>
Subject Contributing with a Configurable Hibernate Appender
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:07:51 GMT
Hi to all i was looking for log to db when i found:

hiberlog

http://www.entwash.org/hibernate/

but i need some more configuration.... for example it force to have only an
application-wide hibernate configuration... while i think it's better to
have separetion of concerns...
so i take inspiration and made a Configurable Hibernate Appender... it's the
first time i develop an appender so i'm not sure of some aspect...

Wich is the best way to contribute & review my code..... I have to build
some (JUnit) test? open a sourceforge account/project?
Send it in this ng?

And Some tech for example.... i need to have different parameters for
configuration.... and some parameters have dependencies... for example i
have the name of the configuration file and the className that read that
file and provide hibernate sessions....
so i can't configure until i have all parameters needed... or it's possible
to have multi - parameters passed as one!??

At present time everey time a log message is appended i check if i need to
configure... and in my case configuring hibernate generate more log
message!!! it was quite hard but i get it working :D
maybe it's better to have configuration before the first logging event
occours???

Another aspect [OT] is the inheritance of hibernate configuration.... if i
change db connection settings of the "master" application i'd like to
inherit... but at the same time i'd like to be able to have a different db
connection for logging purpose only......

Hi to All & Thanks!!