logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Isuru Suriarachchi" <isur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for GSOC project ideas
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:40:45 GMT
Hi Jacob,

I went through these two ideas and got a rough understanding. I think it is
better to go for the second one, as i found it little bit more interesting.

On 3/15/07, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:

> 2.  Enhance Chainsaw.  There have been a number of recent threads
> discussing
> possible changes to Chainsaw to make it more usable and add new
> functionality.

Could you please highlight  the  required changes to Chanisaw considering
the importance of each one and the time I have to complete the project (it
will be about 3 months) .

It's a great little app right now, though it could use some
> polishing.  Adding
> tailing capabilities to the VFS log receiver would be excellent!

I'll be really pleased  if you can point out some resources by which I can
gain some knowledge in this idea.

And also could you please become the mentor of this project or propose
someone else as the mentor?

Thanks a lot,
~Isuru