logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Marcos Sanz/Denic <s...@denic.de>
Subject DBAppender dialect for Sybase
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:47:21 GMT
All,

I never got an answer to my mail from last week. Here is a repost.

Best,
Marcos

--

All,

after having spent a whole afternoon in realizing that no known Sybase
JDBC 3.0 driver correctly supports generated keys, I tried the easy way of
programming a Sybase dialect, which should be included in the
org.apache.log4j.db.dialect package:

Please find attached SybaseDialect.java

Additionally, the file org.apache.log4j.db.dialect.Util.java has to be
extended with the constant

  private static final String SYBASE_PART = "adaptive";

for automatic dialect discovery (at least that's the string what my ASE 15
version delivers). The interface org.apache.log4j.db.ConnectionSource has
also to be extended with a

  final int SYBASE_DIALECT = 6;

Best regards,
Marcos Sanz