logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 05:12:27 GMT

On Apr 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

>> Fixing it right would require either changing the Maven plugin or adding steps in
our build to correct it after it is built and should be done for 1.2.17.

> Are you saying the Maven default javadoc build included .svn? I've never seen that before.

Yes.

>> I've asked for sync'ing instructions on repository@apache since the process has apparently
changed.  I haven't had a response yet and have not taken any actions, so 1.2.16 is not yet
on its way to the Maven repo and its mirrors.  Are you familiar with the current process?
 Would it be better to delay pushing syncing the Maven repo until we have a replacement javadoc.jar
or could we add it at a later time?

> Your question hasn't got through - not sure who is moderating it these days.

Surprising since I'm subscribed to the list.

> There is an alternative process if you want to change, but the old way still works if
you've used it before.

Couldn't find the old way documented anymore which I think was syncing the M1 repo.  Is copying
to /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository and changing the permissions the
new way or does the new way involve Nexus.

> Speaking of moderation - my first response got rejected because brett@apache.org is not
a subscriber. This is quite common when using google apps mail with ezmlm. Is there a reason
the log4j lists are not moderated?

I believe it was that way when I inherited list management.  The log4php mailing lists were
switched to moderation and I was swamped with spam moderation requests.  I'd hate to be on
the receiving end of the log4j directed spam.