logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:40:02 GMT

On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:55 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 07/04/2010, at 12:41 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> I've copied the .zip and .tar.gz to the master distribution site and then out to
the mirrors.

>> While investigating the new procedure to push releases out to the Maven master repo,
I saw that the -javadoc.jar was missing LICENSE and NOTICE as required by http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts.
 I have removed just those files from http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo and will
proceed to sync the other artifacts.

> Will you be amending them and adding them later? It would be preferable to have them
present in the repository for Maven users.

> - Brett

I could manually tweak the jar file to add the LICENSE and NOTICE and to remove .svn and .svn-base
files that were also present in the javadoc.jar and then put just that artifact up for a vote.
 Fixing it right would require either changing the Maven plugin or adding steps in our build
to correct it after it is built and should be done for 1.2.17.

I've asked for sync'ing instructions on repository@apache since the process has apparently
changed.  I haven't had a response yet and have not taken any actions, so 1.2.16 is not yet
on its way to the Maven repo and its mirrors.  Are you familiar with the current process?
 Would it be better to delay pushing syncing the Maven repo until we have a replacement javadoc.jar
or could we add it at a later time?