logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:07:07 GMT

On 08/04/2010, at 3:12 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>>> Fixing it right would require either changing the Maven plugin or adding steps
in our build to correct it after it is built and should be done for 1.2.17.

>> Are you saying the Maven default javadoc build included .svn? I've never seen that
before.

> Yes.

I found http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-232 and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-173.
I'm not sure what version of the plugin you are using - but does one of them cover it?

>>> I've asked for sync'ing instructions on repository@apache since the process has
apparently changed.  I haven't had a response yet and have not taken any actions, so 1.2.16
is not yet on its way to the Maven repo and its mirrors.  Are you familiar with the current
process?  Would it be better to delay pushing syncing the Maven repo until we have a replacement
javadoc.jar or could we add it at a later time?

>> Your question hasn't got through - not sure who is moderating it these days.
>
> Surprising since I'm subscribed to the list.

It's the gmail thing. I just manually moderated it through and added your gmail to the allow
list. I think all the moderators on there are travelling at the moment.

>> There is an alternative process if you want to change, but the old way still works
if you've used it before.

> Couldn't find the old way documented anymore which I think was syncing the M1 repo.
Is copying to /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository and changing the permissions
the new way or does the new way involve Nexus.

Either of those work, but the m1 technique won't any more. When you said 'old' way I thought
you'd meant the m2 rsync that most had been using up until recently.

>> Speaking of moderation - my first response got rejected because brett@apache.org
is not a subscriber. This is quite common when using google apps mail with ezmlm. Is there
a reason the log4j lists are not moderated?

> I believe it was that way when I inherited list management.  The log4php mailing lists
were switched to moderation and I was swamped with spam moderation requests.  I'd hate to
be on the receiving end of the log4j directed spam.

Moderators would probably find the volume is about the same on each list. Anyway, let infra
know if that's something that someone wants to take up - I just thought I'd point out that
it's an unusual configuration and can have some pitfalls with gmail.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter