logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: log4j-2.0 questions
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:30:42 GMT

On Jun 20, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi Ralph!
>
> The problem is that this should be one of n 'pluggable' logger implementations. Because
getting the current ContextClassLoader (for some servers you even need to do this via a doPrivileged
block) can be expensive.

After reading this again and thinking about your question I'm thinking I must be taking this
too literally. Is what you are asking for that each webapp have its own set of Loggers, Appenders,
etc?  I guess I don't understand why each one would need its own implementation. What I would
envision is that each webapp would get its own LoggerContext presumably on the Thread Context's
ClassLoader and that the Loggers and Configuration would be created using the LoggerContext's
class loader.

Ralph