Can you provide more details?  (VFS)LogFilePatternReceiver is the core class app developers can use to parse regular text files and generat logging events from them, as long as  the log file formats are consistent enough to be able to apply a regular expression to parse them.

It may be possible to do all this without writing code if you just need a utility to extract and combine the events...

Do you have two log files and want to extract events sharing a common field to a third log file?

If so, is that common field known before the processing starts?

Maybe example log entries would help as well.

Scott