logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j2 core test dependency on 1.2.16?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:16:57 GMT
Shouldn't the dependency be updated to 1.2.17?

Gary

On Aug 6, 2012, at 0:03, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> The test dependency is there because there are a few classes that test the performance
of Log4j 1.x vs Log4j 2 vs Logback.  The test dependencies could be removed but then those
classes would have to go to some other sub-project.

> Ralph
>
> On Aug 5, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:
>
>> All (especially Ralph),
>>
>> I'm going through what it will take to get extras, receivers and Chainsaw over to
log4j2.  It's going to be a lot of work.  I'm sure there are also some missing pieces we'll
need to work through, but I need to do it now while log4j2 is alpha.  I may give up on Chainsaw
being a log4j2 thing.  We shall see.

>> The first thing I saw was a test dependency in core on log4j 1.2.16.  It seems log4j2
should depend on nothing from log4j (1).  Is this something you can remove?