logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Log4j2 core test dependency on 1.2.16?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 04:02:48 GMT
The test dependency is there because there are a few classes that test the performance of Log4j
1.x vs Log4j 2 vs Logback.  The test dependencies could be removed but then those classes
would have to go to some other sub-project.

Ralph

On Aug 5, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> All (especially Ralph),
>
> I'm going through what it will take to get extras, receivers and Chainsaw over to log4j2.
 It's going to be a lot of work.  I'm sure there are also some missing pieces we'll need to
work through, but I need to do it now while log4j2 is alpha.  I may give up on Chainsaw being
a log4j2 thing.  We shall see.

> The first thing I saw was a test dependency in core on log4j 1.2.16.  It seems log4j2
should depend on nothing from log4j (1).  Is this something you can remove?