logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] for the text of an email and front page of the site
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:01:44 GMT
I think "rush" is a bit of a stretch. I've been working on this for 4 years now and we have
been doing beta releases for a year. I don't mean any offense, but I don't believe you being
familiar with the whole code base is a requirement for a GA release. To be honest, I haven't
spent much time looking at the async support Remko added.

The fact that you and I are willing to use it in production says a lot about whether it is
GA quality.

Ralph

On Jul 17, 2013, at 8:11 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2013, at 22:36, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
>
>> Guys, it's been six weeks since we last discussed this. Several of us are pushing
to get Log4j2 released GA next month or very early in September. Can we get this moving? It'd
be great to have the new logo for the GA release.

> I'd love to see a logo contest.
>
> I do not see why we should rush the release. There are areas of the code base that I've
never even explored in depth but that plan on looking at. I would feel more confident to say
that the whole pile is fully baked then. Right now I think Ralph is the only person with deep
knowledge everywhere.

> I know the quality is good and because of that I am using it in a new project, beta label
and all.

>> Nick
>>
>> On Jun 3, 2013, at 12:10 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry to say, not so far.
>>>
>>> VP Branding (Shane) has requested a few things from lawyers but I haven't heard
back.

>>> Basically I would not say, lets get on with this anyway. We should maybe asked
for an ICLA from the designer. This should cover things, I guess.
>>> Also I'm +1 on Jira for submissions.
>>>

>>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Christian,
>>>
>>> Any update from your brand discussions?
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> I like just using Jira to track the images. It's simple and we have it.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:
>>> AFAIK we don't have an svn that anyone can commit to.  We could probably use
git though.  The alternative would be to create a Jira and have people upload their images
to it.

>>> Ralph

I will