logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Sargisson <esa...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Flume 1.4.0 Released
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:15:50 GMT
Hi Gary,
The easiest reference I know of is Jira:
Log4j2's embedded agent implementation uses APIs that aren't really
publicly documented. That code did get adopted by Flume and is available as
embedded agent in Flume JARS.
http://flume.apache.org/releases/content/1.4.0/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#embedded-agent

Using the Flume embedded agent for the Log4j2 agent is possibly the best
approach: it's the original log4j2 code slightly modified and should
continue to be maintained by the Flume team. Hopefully there are not
problems where it doesn't actually work.

Cheers,
Edward