logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: Logo Contest
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:22:58 GMT
Sorry. I got confused and thought you were talking about a vote on the thread for release.
;-)

Nick

On Jan 2, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
> Not yet. There are several outstanding issues regarding the web configuration that need
to be solved. I plan on tackling them next week. I'm finally finishing my book this weekend—four
months late. :-(

> Nick
>

> I'm talking about a vote for the logo (the subject of this thread ;)
>
> Gary
>
> On Jan 2, 2014, at 1:23 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> So, should we call for a vote?
>>
>> Gary

patiently waiting for 2.0 to hit GA and the logo is superfluous to my usage.

>> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> There have been many candidates submitted in the Logo contest [1] which can be viewed
at http://www.fdmhosting.com/log4j2/.  I am going to be honest and say that none of them grabs
me and says “that’s the one”, although I like the ideas expressed in quite a few of
them.  I definitely like the play on version 2 and using it as a superscript to make it appear
as log4j squared.   Many of the logos just feel too big to me - they have Log4j adjacent to
the image, making them take up a lot of horizontal space. On the images themselves, I really
like the coffee cup submitted by Murad,   I like the script used by Andreas but I would prefer
that the 4 was facing the correct direction and that the 2 superscript be to the right of
the 4 instead of to the left.  I think many of the graphics submitted by Gary are kind of
cool - they are very modern looking.

>> Ideally we should pick out a new logo before 2.0 is released so it would be great
if we could get more discussion on this.

>> Finally, these are just my opinions.  I won’t be the only one voting so I would
definitely like to hear what some of the other PMC members think.