logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logo Contest
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:55:25 GMT
I believe Gary meant a vote on the logo - I'm not sure how that relates to web configuration
changes.

Ralph

> On Jan 2, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
>
> Not yet. There are several outstanding issues regarding the web configuration that need
to be solved. I plan on tackling them next week. I'm finally finishing my book this weekend—four
months late. :-(

> Nick
>
>> On Jan 2, 2014, at 1:23 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>
>> So, should we call for a vote?
>>
>> Gary

patiently waiting for 2.0 to hit GA and the logo is superfluous to my usage.

>>> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:
>>> There have been many candidates submitted in the Logo contest [1] which can be
viewed at http://www.fdmhosting.com/log4j2/.  I am going to be honest and say that none of
them grabs me and says “that’s the one”, although I like the ideas expressed in quite
a few of them.  I definitely like the play on version 2 and using it as a superscript to make
it appear as log4j squared.   Many of the logos just feel too big to me - they have Log4j
adjacent to the image, making them take up a lot of horizontal space. On the images themselves,
I really like the coffee cup submitted by Murad,   I like the script used by Andreas but I
would prefer that the 4 was facing the correct direction and that the 2 superscript be to
the right of the 4 instead of to the left.  I think many of the graphics submitted by Gary
are kind of cool - they are very modern looking.

>>> Ideally we should pick out a new logo before 2.0 is released so it would be great
if we could get more discussion on this.

>>> Finally, these are just my opinions.  I won’t be the only one voting so I would
definitely like to hear what some of the other PMC members think.