On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
Why the caution?

We can have a 3.0, a 2.1 and son on.

Nobody expects we should stick forever with a version.
On the other hand, we were releasing in beta for ages now.

What are the reasons you don't want a 2.0 stable?

You've got it backwards ;)

I do want a stable 2.0. I, personally, am not 100% familiar with 100% of the API and I am not sure that the API is stable. There are a LOT of _public_ APIs in Log4J. Once 2.0 is out, these are set in stone.

There are also a couple of tweaks I'd like to do. People are using log4j now in beta form. Another beta/rc will not hurt. But once 2.0 is out, we are set.

Gary

On 2 Jan 2014, at 14:04, Gary Gregory wrote:

Make it RC or another beta IMO. Once 2.0 is out you cannot unhinged that bell.

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
Date:01/02/2014  02:46  (GMT-05:00)
To: Log4J Developers List <log4j-dev@logging.apache.org>
Subject: Next release of 2.0

I am trying to find a bit more time to work on Log4j again.  I see quite a few issues that I would like to address and think I will need about 2 weeks to complete them so I am tentatively targeting the middle of the month for the next release.   The question in my mind is whether the next release should be 2.0-RC1 or just 2.0.

Ralph

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
The Zen Programmer: http://bit.ly/12lC6DL