From mP <miros...@satexas.com>
Subject RE: File name and Line number problem
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:22:32 GMT
Using a single utility class to log messages is exactly against the log4j
paradigm. Log4J allows different classes to have their own individually
configured logger instances according to your wishes as specified in the
*.properties or *.xml file. The utility class would itself be using only a
single log4j logger which has only a single level, which unfortunately
removes one of LOG4J greatest design strengths.