From "Mandar Mangalvedhekar" <mmangalvedhe...@us-south.net>
Subject How to get NewLines in Email Text ?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:26:10 GMT
Hi,
 I need to send formatted message in email.
 I am using SMTPAppender and using System.getProperty("line.seperator")
to get newline characters.
 However the email text does not contain newline characters as expected
in all the lines.

 The same text message is written correctly (including newlines) to a
text file using FileAppender.

 Do I need to do any settings in the Appender in log4j.xml file ?

Currently I am using PatternLayout with setting as "%m\n".  I also tried
"%m\r\n".

Thanks
Mandar