From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Having mixed loggers in log4j.xml ?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:22:27 GMT

Howdy,
Yup, it's allowed.  The name is just a String, doesn't have to be a
class name.  Of course, if you don't actually have anything that does
Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("StringLogger") in your code, the
StringLogger will never be used and thus is meaningless in the
configuration ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics