From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom appender not identified in OSGi environment
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 17:09:52 GMT
That sounds like a problem in pax-logging-log4j2 then. I wouldn't expect to
have to do that. Could you file an issue for pax-logging?

On 5 February 2016 at 10:44, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This was a class loading issue in my OSGi environment. We were using
> pax-logging 1.8.4 (which exports log4j2 2.0.2) and the class loader cannot
> load the package (package read from the log4j2.xml configuration) as the
> new bundle is not visible to the pax-logging bundle.
>
> Could resolve it after adding it as a fragment to pax-logging-log4j2 1.8.4
> [1]. (This way new appender bundle becomes a fragment of pax-logging-log4j2
> and visible to the class loader.)
>
> Sorry for the noise. Thanks all for the replies.
>
> [1] <Fragment-Host>org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-log4j2</Fragment-Host>
>
> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This sounds like it's probably a bug. Could you file an issue in jira?
> >
> > On 4 February 2016 at 12:42, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I don’t think so. I suspect that
> > > org.apache.logging.log4j.core.osgi.Activator.java is not finding your
> > > plugin but I am not sure why.
> > >
> > > Ralph

> suspected
> > > that
> > working
> > need

> > ralph.goers@dslextreme.com

> > be
> > actually
> > > committers

> ralph.goers@dslextreme.com

> > > path
> your
> > > >>
> > META-INF/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/Log4j2Plugins.dat
> > > for
> > the
> There
> > > is a
> > be
> > > documented. If

> > use
> it

> in
> > number
> > > of
> and
> > > then

> as
> > > you
> but
> OSGi
> > per

> <annotationProcessor>org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.processor.PluginProcessor</annotationProcessor>
> > > >>>>>

> <Bundle-SymbolicName>org.my.custom.http.socket.appender</Bundle-SymbolicName>

> > org.my.custom.http.socket.appender.*;version="1.0.0"

> remko.popma@gmail.com

> > and

> > > serialized
from
> the
> in

> https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-core/xref/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/processor/PluginProcessor.html

> > OSGi
> > OSGi
> > changing

Perera <

> which
> > > gave
appender visible
plugin configuration
> > of
to care about?

<

Log4j has to
> be
If it isn’t in an
have been a few people
> who
> > > are
helped out with
> patches
> > > from

Piyabasi Perera <

the log4j2
have added the plugin
class contains
> factory
added the package name
any input on this.

> packages="org.my.custom.http.socket.appender">
port="4714">
%5p {%c} - %m%ex%n"/-->
host="localhost"
> > > port="8888">