From Anthony Maire <maire.anth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different Processes, same Logfile
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 07:22:28 GMT
In my opinion:
- rolling is an issue
- not using an OS-wide lock is an issue, because the behavior can be
OS-dependant and/or FS-dependant (NFS doesn't natively support append as
far as I know so it will be racy at least on NFS)

It can be possible to do a modified version of a standard appender that use
a OS filelock to synchronize this, but it will surely have an impact on
performance, and it should never be used directly (use a async logger or
async appender before).

Since it can be tricky, I'm wondering why do you need to have the same log
file for several processes ? Is there a better way to address your need
than sharing a common file log ?