From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: OnStartupTriggeringPolicy/custom header
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:25:08 GMT
I can add an option to the OnStartupTriggeringPolicy to only roll if the file meets or exceeds
a minimum value. The default would be 1 byte.

Also, I believe I introduced another bug.  The file is now going to roll every time a reconfiguration
takes place, which is obviously incorrect. I need to fix that asap.

The PatternLayout does not support interpolation of the header and footer but the Configuration
does. All attributes are interpolated as the configuration is read.  You could create your
own custom Lookup to get the processId, but that may be something we should add to the standard
set of properties.

Actually, the triggering policy could write to the file since it has access to the Manager.

Ralph

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 8:17 AM, Leon Finker <leonfin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> What would be the best way to implement the following:
> 1. Always roll log file once on JVM startup (and only on JVM startup).  - This could
be done with implementing another OnStartupTriggeringPolicy (the one from 2.6.1+ doesn't roll
empty files anymore).
+ " " + getProcessId() + " ----------"
> - Does PatternLayout's header support system property lookup variables (i.e.: service
instance name and date time now)?
> - Not sure how to allow for custom method call to get the getProcessId() into the header
> - It could've been easy if I could do it from OnStartupTriggeringPolicy, but there is
no way to write to the new rolled log file from there.