From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Configure appender from database
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 17:39:59 GMT
I could think of all kinds of weird ways to do this. I could imagine an Appender table, a Logger
table, a Properties table, etc. But at some point this stuff becomes somewhat free form so
the schema would have to account for that.

Ralph

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 10:33 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting. The simplest would be a new JDBC configuration class in Log4j that gets
a complete XML document string from DB table's column...

<mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>> escribió:

>  Will a database configuration could certainly be supported somehow, any changes to it
would most likely still end up in a full reconfiguration as that is how Log4j generally handles
changes to the configuration it detects.

> Ralph
>
> > On Mar 29, 2018, at 8:29 AM, Enric Jaen <enricjaen@yahoo.es.INVALID> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I know is possible to change the configuration file dynamically, but I wonder if
could be possible to configure appenders from a database, without needing to reload the full
configuration file. A useful case would be  to change the log level of the appender.